23 July 2007



Two years ago i packed everything i own into a small honda and left my childhood home in Idaho to take a job in Florida. before i kissed my mom goodbye, she looked at a map and said "You really can't go any further can you?" when people down here asked me where i came from, i remember feeling embarrased to tell them i was born and raised in the Idaho mountains, a place where cell phones don't work and people don't lock their doors. my friend michel calls me "Idaho Jessie" and asks if i carry a six shooter. my friend josh, who fights fires in the pacific northwest, gave me this postcard when he found out i was leaving florida to go study in Guatemala. it's not really possible logistically or financially, but would give anything to see my home state one more time before i leave.

No comments: